SIGNS YOU MAY BE HEADED FOR A DIVORCE
1. Your spouse keeps in regular social contact, in person, on the phone, or through social media, with an ex, co-worker, or anyone of the opposite sex.
2. Your spouse suddenly becomes concerned, or more concerned, about their appearance, by joining the gym, losing a lot of weight, or even gaining a lot of weight; changing their clothing style, hairstyle, underwear, cologne/perfume.
3. Your spouse becomes less communicative. They may stop communicating altogether, or it decreases significantly, seem uninterested in conversation with you, but has an interest in conversing with others, provides only short answers, or gets angry when you want to discuss issues.
4. Your spouse becomes secretive with their phone calls, emails, texting, or social media. Do they have a second cell phone, Facebook, or other social media account to which you don't have access?
5. Your spouse suddenly becomes more industrious and begins working more, at night, on weekends, or now requires overnight travel. Or they join clubs or organizations that the say have evening and weekend practices or meetings.
6. Your spouse opens new bank, or credit card accounts that you're not on. accounts. Or you find strange charges on your joint accounts, or funds being depleted.
7. Your spouse begins going to bars or clubs. Some will use the excuse that they're helping a friend who's going through a hard time, or breakup and doesn't want to be alone.
8. Your spouse starts putting more mileage on their vehicle. This, of course, requires you to know, or investigate, their usual weekly mileage. Or they buy a sports car, boat or motorcycle, but they rarely take you with them.
9. Your tax returns and other financial documents, including those involving investments and retirement accounts disappear.
10. Your spouse flirts with your friends, wait staff and others of the opposite gender. The fact they would do this in front of you shows a lack of respect towards you. What do they say or do when you're not there?
11. Your spouse is on an online dating or sex site. Or they suddenly complain of an injury, non=diagnosed - that requires massage therapy. Kind of an obvious one.
12. Your spouse begins mentioning or talking a lot about a co-worker, or someone else of the opposite sex.
13. You spouse has the scent of another person's cologne or perfume on them, or other strange scents/odors.
14. Your spouse changes their showering habits, possibly when they come home, instead of in the morning when they usually did. Or they suddenly start to do their own laundry.
15. Your spouse begins to be condescending towards you, tells you you're crazy, or tries to undermine your trust in your own judgment and perceptions.
16.Your spouse accuses you of things you haven't done,to deflect attention from them. Many times a spouse will accuse you of exactly what they're doing.
17. Your spouse begins to overreact to normal situations and creates unnecessary drama. Again this is to keep you off balance.
18. You spouse, or you, contract an STD, urinary tract infection, or other condition that is transmitted through close or intimate contact.
19. Your spouse doesn't respond to your messages and calls,or doesn't respond as quickly as usual. Or they're employer, secretary, co-worker suddenly says they're not in often when you call.
20. Your spouse no longer wants to have sex with you, or the sex changes in frequency, style, desires, or they suddenly have developed new skills.
These are just a few of the possible signs that I have noticed in my years of practice that indicate a marriage may be in trouble. If you think you're spouse may be cheating, or the marriage otherwise ending, instead of getting mad and confronting them, protect yourself and use the advice in one of my previous posts about what to do if your considering divorce. If you cant find the post, email me, and I'll send it to you. That advice can save you a lot of headaches and protect you financially and with regard to custody matters. Hiring a good private investigator can also help, if the situation requires one.
All the Best!
RANDY C. REDDEN